Shubik named 2nd team
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Senior guard Drew Shubik, a North Star graduate, was named Second Team All-Northeast Conference in a vote by league coaches.
Shubik has been the consummate team leader on a veteran Sacred Heart squad that has designs on its first NEC crown after an 84-71 victory over Central Connecticut State on Thursday.
Shubik is not only the second-leading scorer (10.7 ppg) on a balanced Pioneer attack, but he also leads the Pioneers with 5.6 rpg and ranks third in the NEC in steals
(2.3 spg), fourth in assists (5.5 apg) and sixth in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.51 to 1).
Shubik also eclipsed the 1,000-point plateau against CCSU. He scored 15 points in the win and has 1,003 points
Moot leads team to victory
BUIES CREEK, N.C. – Coming back from a five-stroke deficit at the Lonnie D. Small Spring Classic at Keith Hills Country Club No. 1, Campbell men’s golf edged Elon for the team tournament title by one stroke, 583-584.
The win is Campbell’s fourth in a row at the tournament, and the team’s eighth in the classic’s 23-year history.
Three Fighting Camels finished Day 2 on par in the wind and rain, with Bishop McCort’s Matt Moot and Zak Drescher, both freshmen, as well as junior Mark Coppell ending the day with a 72.
Moot tallied a two-under 142 in the tournament, finishing in a three-way tie for second, along with Seton Hall’s Kyle Morris and Elon’s Jimmy Lytle.
- Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown put on market
- In The Spotlight | Father's Day stories: Tattoo artist's daughter follows in his footsteps
- Johnstown plastic surgeon Joel Borkow remembered as 'humble gentleman'
- Driver injured when pickup smashes row of parked vehicles
- 'A lot more people': Johnstown airport sees busiest May for passengers in decade
- Ebensburg revving up for Wheels & Wings
- Police accuse man of stealing raffle tickets belonging to fire company, trout group
- Falling tree branch in park kills woman, injures husband in western Pennsylvania
- PHOTO GALLERY | Wrestlers keep fans entertained at Galleria 'Mall Brawl' event
- CHILD CARE IN CRISIS | 'No light at the end of the tunnel': Parents seeking child care struggle with limited access, rising costs