Join The Tribune-Democrat reporter Russ O'Reilly as he talks employment in our area with local experts in our new limited series. Explore the job market, education, and more in Hot Jobs.
Listen at tribdem.com/podcasts or on your favorite streaming platforms.
McIlwain School Bus Lines Inc. President Tim McIlwain discusses substantial driver losses since the pandemic and a need for new drivers as the school year shifts into gear. The company, headquartered at 1551 Ferndale Ave., serves schools in Cambria and Somerset counties.
In this episode of Hot Jobs, Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center Chief Executive Officer Bill Caldwell and director of medical/surgical nursing Daniel Rager talk about the job outlook for nurses in the short term and long term as well as how the hospital business has changed with technology.
This episode is all about new paths to earning a commercial driver's license. Guests: John Augustine, Greater Johnstown Career and Technology Center administrative director; Jeff Dick, Site Administrator of the Cambria and Somerset County CareerLink offices. Hosted by The Tribune-Democrat's …
In the first episode of this series, we discuss the region's hiring environment, workforce changes, and the 2022 Cambria County Job Fair slated for 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 3 at the 1st Summit Arena @ the Cambria County War Memorial. To help people prepare for the job fair, free res…
This Week's Circulars
- Jury seated in Geistown homicide case; testimony to begin Monday
- Testimony begins in Geistown homicide case; jurors visit scene
- Firefighters searching for cause of house fire in Westmont Borough
- Woman hit by train while in police car is out of hospital
- 'Too much I didn’t agree with': Coney Island owner pulls out of War Memorial concessions deal
- Camper vehicle burns on Johnstown highway ramp; no injuries reported
- 'He loved Johnstown': Longtime developer George Zamias dies at 92
- Westmont house fire ruled accidental; cause not yet determined
- 3 wounded in shooting at Kennywood Park near Pittsburgh
- Johnstown's Wyatt, Hardison hold special memories of Cignetti, IUP national runner-up team