Hiking the Highlands is a new monthly podcast about the numerous hiking trails in the Laurel Highlands of Pennsylvania and interviews with individuals interested or active with this outdoor activity. Hosted by The Tribune-Democrat's Josh Byers.
Listen at tribdem.com/podcasts or on your favorite streaming platforms.
On this episode I hike the Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail with Kimberly Peck, an environmental education specialist with the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. We cover how Laurel Ridge Park came to be, backpacking tips and natural resources in the area.
This time around, Stackhouse Park Board Chairman Mike Zibura guides me through the beautiful nature area nestled between Westmont Borough, Lower Yoder Township, Brownstown and several other municipalities in Cambria County, Pennsylvania. We cover everything from preservation of the park, the…
On this episode of Hiking the Highlands, I'm joined by Cambria County Conservation and Recreation Authority Executive Director Cliff Kitner. We take to The Path of the Flood Trail, starting from the Franklin Borough trailhead, and chat about everything from CCCRA projects and Cliff's backgro…
- Retired Westmont businessman donates land for park below Inclined Plane
- PIAA upholds District 6 ruling on Bishop McCort wrestling sanctions
- Gillian Anderson, Robert Duvall join cast of movie being filmed in Laurel Highlands
- Area wrestling coaches agree with District 6 punishment for Bishop McCort
- Larry Elder | The Kyle Rittenhouse case – send in the clowns
- Man who died in Cambria County hunting accident identified
- Coroner confirms fatal hunting accident in Jackson Township
- Man convicted in 2015 death of girlfriend seeks to have ruling overturned
- Reports: Health care vaccine mandate put on hold
- Downtown Development | 'People just like me': Transplants, young entrepreneurs energize city's business sector