Students and staff gathered outside Forest Hills High School on Friday, May 15, 2020, to remember one of their own. After releasing balloons in honor of long-time teacher Kevin Lang, more than 100 cars joined a procession from the school to Mount Hope Cemetery. Most of the vehicles continued past the cemetery, where Lang’s family gathered for a graveside service. Forest Hills Superintendent David Lehman said a small group of staff and students worked with family members to get the word out about the memorial for Lang, who died Tuesday at the age of 47.
This Week's Circulars
KRUPA[mdash] Jessie 92, Marsteller, passed away July 10, 2020. Born March 2, 1928, in Spangler, the daughter of Jess and Elizabeth Evison. Preceded in death by parents; loving husband, Michael Krupa, who died in 1993; and sisters, Edith McNeal and Elsie Weston. Survived by son, Michael (Coll…
MILTENBERGER[mdash] Sheila M., 79, of Jerome, died July 9, 2020 at Somerset In Touch Hospice House. Born Dec. 9, 1940 in Johnstown, daughter of Walter and Evelyn (Washabaugh) Dunn. Preceded in death by parents, daughters: Tangie and Helen, sons: Alan E. and James Robert, and brother Terry Du…
- UPMC doctors: Milder virus strain now dominant in SW Pa.
- Experts answer your COVID-19 questions: 'If you’ve taken the COVID-19 swab test and it was negative and you have no symptoms, do you still have to quarantine?'
- Two indicted, charged with selling stolen goods at Value-it; linked to 2018 raid
- Police: Johnstown man who set off fireworks assaulted officer
- Somerset police: Organizer cancels local 'All Lives Matter' and Confederate flag march
- Somerset Conservation District: Pipe break at treatment site sends 'gallons of sludge' into Soap Hollow Run, Stonycreek River
- University of Pittsburgh offers faculty and staff early retirement incentives
- Giant Eagle facing 34 lawsuits over mask policy, including at least 5 from area
- Five new COVID-19 cases reported in Cambria County; Levine calls for holiday precautions
- Richland’s Burke steps down as boys basketball coach