An emailed statement claiming responsibility for some of the bomb threats against the University of Pittsburgh says the threats have ended after the school withdrew its $50,000 reward offer.
The Pitt News reports it received the email signed by “The Threateners” on Saturday night, the same day the school removed information about the reward from its website. But the group claimed only responsibility for threats since March 30 – weeks after they started in mid-February.
The student paper reported the demand to drop the reward offer was included in an email it received Friday. Saturday’s email said the group’s only demand had been met and the threats would cease immediately.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports the demand in Friday’s email reiterated a demand made in a threat it received April 10.
A Cambria County transgendered couple appeared before a grand jury in relation to the bomb threats last week.