H.F. Lenz Co. has appointed several new associates and senior associates.
The senior associates are:
• William H. Devlin Jr. has 27 years of experience as a mechanical engineer, with the past 22 years having been employed by H.F. Lenz Co.
Devlin was involved with the planning and design of mission critical facilities such as data centers, operations centers, call centers and command centers throughout the country.
He is a licensed professional engineer in Pennsylvania, Maryland and West Virginia. He was also named 2007 Engineer of the Year by the Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers.
• David B. Schmidt Jr., has more than 40 years of experience, 22 of which have been with H.F. Lenz Co.
Schmidt served as the project manager for numerous purpose-built, higher-tier data center projects.
He is responsible for overseeing the design team, schedule and budget, subconsultant coordination, attending progress meetings, coordinating with other team members, and the checking of construction documents.
His duties include project planning, conceptual and final design, construction administration, and training of personnel. He is a licensed professional engineer in Pennsylvania, Maryland and Wes Virginia.
He also is a registered communications distribution designer with an extensive background in communications systems design including both optical fiber and copper backbone cabling systems.
• Joel C. Shumaker has
32 years of experience in electrical engineering. He joined H.F. Lenz Co. in 1985 and attended Pitt-Johns-town, where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering technology in 1993.
He is licensed professional engineer in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New York, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia, and also a LEED accredited professional.
• Nathaniel T. Simonton has more than 20 years of experience. He joined H.F. Lenz Co. in 1997 with an associate in specialized technology degree from the Pittsburgh Technical Institute.
While working at H.F. Lenz, he attended Pitt-Johnstown and graduated in 2006 with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering technology.
He is responsible for the supervision of design engineers and CADD/BIM technicians, commissioning assistance, construction documents and quality assurance, construction administration and LEED documentation. He is a licensed professional engineer in Maryland, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
• John C. Stewart has more than 30 years experience and
received a master’s degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Pittsburgh.
He serves as H.F. Lenz’s chief mechanical engineer.
He is responsible for code compliance verification, schematic layout, calculations, equipment selection, control system selection, specification writing, coordination, life cycle cost analyses, and cost estimating.
He is a licensed professional engineer in Pennsylvania and a LEED accredited professional. While employed at H.F. Lenz, he also served as an adjunct assistant professor at Pitt-Johnstown for more than five years and has also conducted educational seminars for associations, such as Keystone Chapter of the Association of Physical Plant Administrators on the incorporation of LEED and sustainable design concepts for MEP systems for both new construction and renovation projects for facilities of all types.
The associates are:
• David J. Anderson has nine years of experience.
He joined H.F. Lenz as an intern in his senior year at the Pennsylvania State University and was hired full time shortly after he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in architectural engineering in 2007. He is a licensed professional engineer in Pennsylvania, Maryland and North Carolina and a LEED accredited professional.
• Julian R. Beglin joined H.F. Lenz Co. in 2005 and has more than 19 years of experience. He is responsible for multi-disciplined project management to include municipal, private and government clients with civil engineering design and preparation of geographic information systems.
Beglin graduated from Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford, England, in 1998 with a bachelor’s degree in engineering and currently holds a GIS professional certification from GISCI. His experience includes all facets of GIS administration, building renovations, site design, water system improvements, stormwater management, administration and permitting.
• David M. Miller joined H.F. Lenz Co. in 2010 after graduating from the Pennsylvania State University with a master’s degree in architectural engineering and minors in mathematics and architectural studies.
He is a licensed professional engineer in Pennsylvania and Maryland and is a LEED accredited professional.
• Brian D. Schmidt has 11 years of experience, and has been with the company since 2006 when he graduated from
Pitt-Johns-town with a degree in electrical engineering. He has extensive experience in the use of computeraided drafting and design (CADD) and electrical system modeling and computer calculations (SKM Power Tools) for producing engineering drawings.
• Terry McClemens Jr. has more than 17 years of experience and has been with H.F. Lenz Co. since 2006. Prior to graduating from the University of Pittsburgh, he served in the Pennsylvania Army National Guard from 1994-2000.
He also served as president of the Johnstown Chapter of the Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers (PSPE) in 2013/2014 and was awarded the PSPE Young Engineer of the Year Award in 2011.
Terry specializes in the design of health care facilities and is a LEED accredited professional.
• Kevin S. Walker has been with H.F. Lenz Co. since obtaining a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering technology from Pitt-Johnstown in 2008. Walker is responsible for the project management and mechanical systems design for commercial and mission critical facilities.
His involvement has encompassed development of mechanical system concepts, engineering analysis, system design, CFD analysis, and preparation of cost estimates. In addition, he has served as project engineer on numerous projects for the National Park Service including the Flight 93 National Memorial in Shanksville.