Volunteers clean headstones of the unidentified dead from the 1889 Johnstown Flood at Grandview Cemetery on Saturday, April 24, 2021.
As featured on
Moss and dirt were scrubbed from headstones revealing no names.
The 816 nameless memorials at Grandview Cemetery are for those who died tragically without anyone to identify them in the wake of the 1889 Johnstown Flood.
- 'You want to inspire other women': Salix woman tries for Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition
- Experts answer your COVID-19 questions: 'I have received my second shot of Moderna vaccine. I am experiencing a tightness in in my lungs when taking a full breath. Normal or concern? Will it subside?'
- Protest at Greater Johnstown fizzles; organizers say they have support on social media
- 'Such a unique destination spot': Balance Restaurant owners plan big expansion in downtown Johnstown
- 'Great opportunity': Pair opening barber, beauty school in Geistown
- Trio of Windber seniors announce college plans
- Students, parents organize protest against Greater Johnstown School District
- WATCH VIDEO | Details 'only families' can answer: Police seek missing woman's family for help solving case
- Authorities: Frantic 911 call leads to homicide arrest in Cambria Township shooting
- A mother's heart: Johnstown native welcomes baby, has aneurysm and valve surgery weeks later