We are living in a very fast-paced world, and Merriam-Webster is definitely doing a good job keeping up with the current trends. The dictionary added more than 250 words in the last month, including "Sriracha," "Fro-yo," and "Troll." The update also includes more political words, like "alt-right," which is defined as "a right-wing, primarily online political movement or grouping based in the U.S. whose members reject mainstream conservative politics and espouse extremist beliefs and policies typically centered on ideas of white nationalism." What other words should be added to the dictionary?
As featured on
More than 250 new words have been added to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, from old terms now imbued with political meaning - like "dog whistle" - to newer portmanteaus like "froyo."
This Week's Circulars
Thomas C., 7:00 p.m. Remembrance Service at Picking-Treece-Bennett Mortuary, Inc., 921 Menoher Blvd. Friends received from 5 to 7 p.m. Military rites at mortuary.
Faye E. (McNutt), 91, Somerset, formerly of Boswell. (Hoffman Funeral Home and Cremation Services, Boswell)
Justina, "Jo" "Josephine", 93, St. Benedict, (Moriconi Funeral Home, Inc., Northern Cambria)
Catherine M. "Kate", 93, Laurelwood Care Center, Westmont, formerly of New Germany (Dimond)
Barbara J. "Bubba" , 56, Johnstown (Hindman, Frankstown Rd.)
- ‘Painful’ effort causes friction as property work lags in Johnstown
- Johnstown man sentenced to 4 to 8 years in state prison
- Conemaugh Health System selling six properties
- In The Spotlight | A steady hand: Somerset woman pulls double duty as welder, tattoo artist
- Military jet training negotiations continue
- PIAA upholds District 6 ruling, Silk ineligible to QB Rams
- Anti-recreational marijuana crowd gathers against Senate proposal
- State police: Friedens couple faked baby’s birth, death
- WATCH VIDEO | Johnstown man draws attention for stop-racism push
- Bishop Carroll teacher faces unlawful contact charges in Harrisburg