Cambria County Coroner Jeffrey Lees; Dr. Matthew Perry, regional director of emergency medicine for Conemaugh Health System; Dr. Lauren Huddle, forensic pathologist at ForensicDx; and Cambria County 911 coordinator Robbin Melnyk discuss Cambria County's first confirmed carfentanil overdose death at a press conference on Friday, Jan. 10, 2020.
As featured on
Cambria County Coroner Jeffrey Lees said on Friday that a man died last month in Cambria County of an overdose of carfentanil, a synthetic opioid so potent that veterinarians use it to tranquilize elephants and other large animals.
This Week's Circulars
Marian A., 12:00 noon at Windber Church of the Brethren (Arrangements by MEEK AND DALLA VALLE FUNERAL HOME INC., WINDBER)
Charles E., 74, Johnstown. Friends received 1 pm till time of service 3 pm Tuesday at Richard C. Stuart Funeral Home, 392 E. Philadelphia St., Armagh.
Martha Ann, (Blough), 80, formerly of Jenner Twp., Somerset Co. Arrangements by Hoffman Funeral Home & Cremation Services, Boswell.
BEENER[mdash] Martha Ann, (Blough), 80, formerly of Jenner Twp., Somerset Co., died January 25, 2020 at Richland Woods. Born October 16, 1939 in Conemaugh Twp., Somerset Co. Daughter of Stephen and Effie (Sala) Blough. Preceded in death by parents; husband of 34 years Charles D. "Chick" Been…
- Four people ejected in rollover crash on Route 22
- Doctor’s attorneys seek suppression of search warrant evidence
- Joseph R. Stains | Reconsidering Sandusky Part 4: A roster of victims but little evidence
- In the Spotlight | Woman brings Bible program into classrooms
- St. Francis men fight off Sacred Heart, take first in NEC
- Police: Johnstown man assaulted detective during traffic stop
- Fall in final bout lifts Chestnut Ridge over Westmont Hilltop
- WATCH VIDEO | Academy Award nominee team includes two from Johnstown
- Five people escape Wood Street fire in Johnstown
- Police: Inmate charged in Geistown homicide