As featured on
Jeffrey L. Thomas Jr., the Republican candidate for Somerset County District Attorney, is seeking to win over the voters of Somerset County by taking a tough stance on defendants charged with dealing drugs.
Republican Jeffrey L. Thomas Jr. won a decisive victory on Tuesday night in the race to become Somerset County’s top prosecutor, denying incumbent District Attorney Lisa Lazzari-Strasiser, a Democrat, a third term in office.
A Cambria County homicide trial has been pushed back several months because one of the defendant’s court-appointed attorneys will soon become Somerset County’s top prosecutor and thus can no longer handle the case.
This Week's Circulars
Stella B. (Bem), 10 a.m., Holy Family Parish, Caldwell Ave., Portage. Serenko-Claar Funeral Home, PC, Portage.
Joshua James, Funeral Service today at 11 A.M. at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
Roy E., Sr., 12:00 noon, Nanty Glo United Methodist Church (Askew-Houser, Inc., Nanty Glo)
Harriet L., 97, Johnstown. Funeral today 11 A.M. at Hindman Funeral Home 1521 Frankstown Road.Johnstown, PA 15902
- Police: Nanty Glo resident paid teenagers to have sex with him
- Four people ejected in rollover crash on Route 22
- Johnstown man gets 4 to 10 years in sex assault case
- Joseph R. Stains | Reconsidering Sandusky Part 4: A roster of victims but little evidence
- St. Francis men fight off Sacred Heart, take first in NEC
- Charlie Johnson bobblehead, tribute draws large hockey crowd
- Bishop McCort Catholic senior lands $310K Ivy League scholarship
- Joseph R. Stains | Reconsidering Sandusky Part 1: Early influences as argument against culpability
- ‘Wintery weather pattern’ approaching Johnstown, meteorologist says
- Joseph R. Stains | Reconsidering Sandusky Part 3: The nightmare in the shower