Health Care Heroes is a project of The Tribune-Democrat and local medical centers to spotlight individuals working in health-related fields.
As featured on
Jason Beener, paramedic supervisor for Somerset Area Ambulance, called the coronavirus pandemic the “new beast.”
This Week's Circulars
Joseph P., 6 p.m. Moriconi Funeral Home, Inc., Northern Cambria.
Raymond J., 79, R.D. Patton, Arrangements by Gibbons Funeral Home, Ashville. Please see www.gibbonsfhashvillecoalport.com for complete obituary
Helen L., 10 a.m. Our Mother of Sorrows Catholic Church, 415 Tioga Street, Johnstown, PA 15905 (Francis G. Ozog Funeral Home, Inc.)
June M., 11:00 a.m. Funeral mass celebrated at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church, Windber (Meek & Dalla Valle)
Joseph, 1:30 p.m. Funeral service at Saints Peter & Paul Orthodox Church, Windber (Meek & Dalla Valle)
- Community mourning teen’s loss, police looking for answers
- Loretto federal prison sees outbreak spike as Cambria County reports record 30 new COVID-19 cases
- Johnstown radio personality Jack Michaels signs off air after 49-year career
- Experts answer your COVID-19 questions: 'Am I supposed to quarantine from the first day of exposure?'
- Ex-Steelers player, champion wrestler Haselrig's family donating his brain for head injury research
- Greater Johnstown school district's contract on cellular structure draws concern
- UPDATE: New guidance for schools recommends partial online learning in Cambria, in-person classes in Somerset
- ‘Year-round’ potential: Windber leaders have plans to recondition historic ballroom
- Building concerns: Lumber shortage a 'strange disaster' amid COVID-19
- Cambria, Blair, Indiana counties show double-digit new COVID-19 cases