An 1889 lower town walking tour will be offered at 11 a.m. Friday beginning at the Johnstown Flood Museum, 304 Washington St., Johnstown.
The tour will feature flood-surviving buildings, photographs and stories.
Cost is $5 or $3 with museum admission.
Information: 814-539-1889 or www.jaha.org.
The 20th annual Miners’ Memorial Day Festival will be held Friday through Sunday along Graham Avenue in Windber.
The event will feature car, motorcycle and truck/ATV shows with live entertainment, street dances with area bands, fireworks, food and craft vendors, children’s activities and a parade.
Admission is free.
Averyin will be the featured artist for the Coffee House series at 7 p.m. Friday at the Community Arts Center of Cambria County, 1217 Menoher Blvd., Westmont.
Information: 814-255-6515 or www.caccc.org.
Flight 93 family members Ed Root and Emily Schenkel will share stories about flight attendant Lorraine Bay at noon and 2 p.m. Saturday and noon Sunday at the Flight 93 National Memorial Learning Center in Shanksville.
The event is part of the Flight 93 National Memorial Speaker Series.
Richland Township Fire Department will host the following events at Solomon Run Fire Company, 176 Mount Airy Drive, Johnstown:
• “Touch A Truck” will be held from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday.
Participants can climb and touch emergency vehicles, heavy machinery and buses.
• A Father’s Day barbecue will begin at 11 a.m. Sunday.
Cost is $10 for adults and $6 for children.
Eat in and takeouts will be available.
St. Vincent de Paul’s Food for Families will host its inaugural Feed the Need Food Truck Rodeo from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday at Peoples Natural Gas Park, 90 Johns St., downtown Johnstown.
There will be a variety of food and beverage vendors and musical entertainment.
Information: 814-539-7811 or 814-242-2083.
• Flood City Brass will perform at 6 p.m. Saturday in Central Park in downtown Johnstown as part of the Concerts in the Park Series.
• Kimberly, Dawn & Johanna Acoustic will perform at 5 p.m. Sunday, followed by Walt & Jackie at 6 as part of the AmeriServ Free Summer Concert Series at Roxbury Bandshell, Franklin Street in the Roxbury section of Johnstown.
• Swing City will perform at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Diamond Park Bandstand in Ligonier as part of the summer band concert series.
There is no admission fee.
The Don Aliquo Quartet with Frank Filia will perform at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Venue of Merging Arts, 307 Chestnut St. in the Cambria City section of Johnstown.
Admission is $8 for VIP members and $10 for general admission.
Information: 814-410-2245 or www.thevoma.com.
Father’s Day concert
Somerset County Community Band will host its Father’s Day concert at 5:30 p.m. Sunday on the lawn of the Dressler Center, 214 Harrison Ave., Somerset.
In addition to marches and patriotic music, the concert will include a Dixieland arrangement that combines the “Hallelujah Chorus” with “When the Saints Go Marching In” and a medley of older popular songs titled “Eighties Flashback.”
Complimentary ice cream sundaes will be served.
The following events are happening at the Cambria County Library, 248 Main St., downtown Johnstown:
• Summer Quest Reading Program, “A Universe of Stories,” will begin Monday and run through July 23.
• Summer feeding program will be held from noon to 1 p.m. Mondays through Fridays through Aug. 9 for children up to 18 years old. No paperwork is required.
• “Wall-W” will be shown at 1 p.m. Monday as part of Family Movie Afternoons. A free lunch will be offered from noon to 1 p.m.
• Lego Club will meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday. The club is for children ages 6 to 12. There is no cost to attend.
• “How to Train Your Dragon” will be shown at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday as part of Family Movie Nights. Free popcorn will be provided.
Information: 814-536-5131, ext. 205.
The musical “Disenchanted” will be presented at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday through June 29 at Cresson Lake Playhouse, 279 Shapiro Road, Loretto.
Curtain times are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays.
Tickets: $15, $19, $23.
Information: 814-472-4333 or www.cressonlake.com.
The musical “The Irish and How They Got That Way” will be presented Tuesday through June 30 at Mountain Playhouse, 7690 Somerset Pike, Jennerstown.
Curtain times are 7 p.m. Tuesdays, 2 and 7 p.m. Wednesdays, 2 p.m. Thursdays, 2 p.m. Fridays, 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 3 p.m. Sundays.
Tickets: $15 to $40.
Information: 814-629-9220 or www.MountainPlayhouse.org.
Penn State Master Gardeners will host “No Garden? No Problem?” at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Cambria County Library, 248 Main St., downtown Johnstown.
Participants will learn how to make a container garden.
There is no fee.
Information: 814-536-5131, ext. 212.
Backdraft Lot Party will be held from 5 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Wednesday at Richland Township Fire Department, 1321 Scalp Ave.
Undercover will play from 6 to 8 p.m., followed by Octane from 9:30 p.m. to midnight.
There will be food trucks and a beer tent.
In conjunction with Thunder in the Valley, the 15th annual Wheels & Wings will begin at 4:30 p.m. Thursday in downtown Ebensburg.
The event will feature a car, truck and motorcycle show along with a wing-off between local restaurants and vendors and musical entertainment.
Information: 814-472-8414 or www. ebensburgwheels.com.