Johnson & Johnson released data showing that a booster dose to its one-shot coronavirus vaccine provides a strong immune response months after people receive a first dose.
Live feeds from Pennsylvania Department of Health
Every county in the region added at least one COVID-19 death over the weekend, with most reporting new cases in the triple digits.
Pfizer said Monday its COVID-19 vaccine works for children ages 5 to 11 and that it will seek U.S. authorization for this age group soon – a key step toward beginning vaccinations for youngsters.
Both chambers of Pennsylvania’s General Assembly will return on Monday to the Capitol for an early start to the fall legislative session, and responding to Gov. Tom Wolf’s school mask mandate will likely be on lawmakers’ agenda, though legislative leaders are stopping short of saying exactly how they plan to respond.
After Fall'in Baconfest took a one-year hiatus, BigDogz Grill owner Mike Ziants was back to gobble down a basket full of the cured meat alongside five fellow contestants in a three-minute race for the 2021 Bacon Eating Contest prize.
Just one month ago, President Joe Biden and his health advisers announced big plans to soon deliver a booster shot of the coronavirus vaccine to all Americans. But after campaigning for the White House on a pledge to “follow the science,” Biden found himself uncharacteristically ahead of it with that lofty pronouncement.
COVID-19 vaccine refusal rates may be high among white evangelical Christians, but the International Mission Board – which deploys thousands of missionaries – is not hesitant about the shot.
Nearly 200 school-aged children across Cambria and Somerset counties tested positive for COVID-19 in one week, the Pennsylvania Department of Health reported.
WASHINGTON – Dealing the White House a stinging setback, a government advisory panel overwhelmingly rejected a plan Friday to give Pfizer COVID-19 booster shots across the board, and instead endorsed the extra vaccine dose only for those who are 65 or older or who run a high risk of severe disease.
Concerns about COVID-19 variants, efficacy and differences among vaccines – as well as the potential timeline for rolling them out to children – were all topics of a local public dialogue including University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown scientists.
A host at a popular New York City restaurant was assaulted by three women from Texas after she asked for proof they had been vaccinated against COVID-19, police said.
Seven new COVID-19 deaths across the region Thursday included Somerset County’s second fatality in as many days.
Live feeds from Governor Tom Wolf
- Body found in Wyoming believed to be Gabrielle Petito
- Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown sold at auction
- World champion wrestler Bo Bassett ready for his next challenge
- Experts answer your COVID-19 questions: 'Why not test for antibodies?'
- Johnstown police: Windber man jailed after alleged attack on woman
- Learning curve: Business owners, residents offer mixed reactions to new Geistown roundabout
- WATCH VIDEO | 'Bacon' home the prize: Eating contest part of Geistown's weekend festival
- Nearly 200 Cambria, Somerset school-age children get COVID-19 in one week
- 'Story that needs to be told': Family, friends interviewed for documentary about Johnstown's Haselrig
- Johnstown's Barber brothers reunited on Lock Haven football roster