Live feeds from Pennsylvania Department of Health
One day a few weeks ago, when a local pharmacy started accepting COVID-19 vaccine appointments, Rachel Allen spent hours online trying to get a shot scheduled for her 78-year-old mother.
Although the number of new COVID-19 cases remained fairly stable over the past week, the portion of all tests coming back as “positive” dropped below 6% for the first time since late October.
Sen. Pat Toomey called the latest COVID-19 relief package a liberal wishlist and "unnecessary," while noting the proposed $1.9 trillion bill could be harmful to an economy he said is surging forward and out of the pandemic.
Gov. Tom Wolf said Friday that while he relaxed some mitigation efforts earlier in the week, he has no immediate plan to follow the lead of some of his counterparts who’ve been moving to drop mask mandates and end other mitigation efforts.
Local leaders from the federal, state, county and city levels will be featured at the next COVID Questions forum on Tuesday.
Aaden Newcomer, a sixth-grader from Divine Mercy Catholic Academy, didn’t feel as much pressure during this year’s First Lego League competition because Thursday’s event was held virtually.
Like many older people, Margaret Murray, 90, and her friend, Agnes Sciullo, 103, have been trying to schedule COVID-19 vaccinations.
On Thursday, the friends were among about 100 people who received COVID-19 shots Thursday at Highlands Health: Laurel Highlands Free & Charitable Medical Clinic in Johnstown.
The local area’s first mass vaccination clinics will be held later this month at The Johnstown Galleria in Richland Township.
Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank will host a drive-up food distribution from noon to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the former Bon-Ton parking lot at The Johnstown Galleria in Richland Township.
Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey has resisted calls to drop the requirement as Republican governors across the South either shunned mask mandates altogether or lifted them in late winter.
Live feeds from Governor Tom Wolf
- VISION 2021 | Complicated future for Galleria; layers of ownership make mall 'difficult to redevelop'
- Experts answer your COVID-19 questions: 'How can I talk my brother into getting the COVID Moderna vaccines?'
- Family, officials celebrate opening of Taco Chellz, a downtown Johnstown restaurant
- Police: Needles, drugs found; East Conemaugh woman charged
- Teacher's 'mindfulness toolkit' helps Conemaugh Valley, Divine Mercy students focus
- State troopers in Somerset seek girl, 17
- WATCH VIDEO | ‘Change the mindset’: Trooper pledges to lead by example, break social barriers
- Cambria's vaccination rate climbing; three deaths over weekend
- Troopers still probing missing $39K from Bedford County ice cream stand
- East Conemaugh police: Man robbed driver