Founded in December 1869, the Greater Johnstown Community YMCA expected 2020 to be a year of celebration as the organization commemorated its 150th anniversary.
Abbey Lansberry, an upcoming senior at Cambria Heights High School, said she was “bummed” that her last year of school wouldn’t be normal because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Pennsylvania Secretary of Agriculture Russell Redding said that new state protections intended to make meat processing plant workers safer will jibe with new federal guideline included with an executive order by President Donald Trump that bars the plants from closing due to worker shortages during the coronavirus outbreak.
As the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic brings the topic of food security to the front of many Americans’ minds, some local gardeners are seeing a surge of general interest in their hobby.
Gov. Tom Wolf said that the state's business shutdown strategy will be data-driven and that restrictions will be relaxed incrementally in regions across the state, though he made it clear that he’s not ready to begin lifting restrictions immediately.
For the past month, Crows Nest restaurant co-owners John Gress and Kevin Kantz have been providing free meals to the families of Interim Hospice patients thanks to a community effort and the Rotary Club of Conemaugh Township.
The following editorial appeared in The (Sunbury) Daily Item, a CNHI newspaper. It does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Tribune-Democrat.
In order to accommodate customers ages 60 and older, individuals who are immune-compromised and those with other challenges, Giant Eagle and Market District stores will open one hour early on select days.
- 'He is missed': Couple launch foundation to support emergency training for young people after death of son
- Man flees checkpoint, drags two officers, authorities say
- WATCH VIDEO | Woman found dead at 8th Ward fire scene in Johnstown
- "Whole different level': Gaming venue eyes mid-November opening
- Johnstown man taken into custody following standoff
- Experts answer your COVID-19 questions: “Should I quarantine after son's friend tested positive?”
- WATCH LIVE: Biden makes campaign stop in Johnstown
- Blair County adds 31 COVID-19 cases over weekend, Cambria 14
- School districts transitioning to more in-person learning
- City police say woman escaped attacker by climbing out window