The B-29 "Doc" has side bubble windows that allowed side gunners to look out in front of the plane as well as behind, including seeing the plane's tail. This is a video from a flight aboard "Doc" after taking off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
As featured on
As the big engines on the B-29 "Doc" roared to life Wednesday morning at Terre Haute Regional Airport, Jan Manuel could feel what her father must have experienced while serving as a co-pilot of the same type of bomber during World War II.
- GOOD AS GOLD: Johnstown's Bo Bassett pins Russian to win title at Cadet World Wrestling Championships
- After winning world freestyle title, Johnstown's Bassett denied second gold in Greco-Roman wrestling
- Pennsylvania decertifies Fulton County's voting system after audit
- 'A grown-up's Disney World': Multi-million dollar distillery project expected to begin construction next month
- PHOTO GALLERY | Wrestling title brings world of emotions for Bassett family
- World champ Bo Bassett gets congratulatory messages from those who inspired him
- Somerset County man perishes after logging accident
- Wrestler calls hometown support 'amazing': How to watch Bo Bassett compete for world title at noon
- Golden moment: Local wrestler Bassett reaches world championship finals
- 'Welcome aboard' | Johnstown adds six new police officers