ORKIS – Violet (Sargo), 87, Portage, formerly of Johnstown, died Oct. 15, 2008, at Maple Winds Care Center, Portage. Born Sept. 1, 1921, daughter of Joseph and Anna (Miller) Sargo. Preceded in death by parents; husband, John; brother, Louis Sargonia; and sisters, Eleanor Harpster and Betty Kroskie. Survived by sisters and brother, Lorna Brummert, Ohio; Dolly Smick, Portage; Joseph Sargo, Michigan; and Shirley DeMatteis, Portage. Also survived by special niece, Beverly Harpster, with whom she resided, and numerous other nieces and nephews. At Violet’s request there will be no viewing or visitation. Committal service at 11 a.m. Friday at South Fork Cemetery, the Rev. Maryann J. Long. Family is being served by Jean H. Kinley Funeral Home, Portage.
- WATCH VIDEO | 'A tough gig': Johnstown native logs high-profile ring time with All Elite Wrestling
- Man accused of killing woman over refrigerator sale dispute heads to court
- Experts answer your COVID-19 questions: 'I had the monoclonal antibody treatment and I can get a vaccine shot 80 days later. They say to wait 90 days. Any harm with me going for the shot at 80 days?'
- U.S. Marshals Service: Case of mistaken identity when officers tased teen near Galleria; mother 'furious'
- Two in custody after East Conemaugh chase
- Movie filmed locally sells out at Westwood Plaza Theater
- Ribbon cutting celebrates successful start at 814 Lanes & Games
- 2-week deer season approved, rifles banned from turkey hunts
- Meth bust worth $65K made in downtown Johnstown
- 'Key to the future': Conemaugh breaks ground on new building at Memorial hospital