THOMAS – Sarah V., 91, Country Manor Living, Jerome, formerly of Soap Hollow, died June 13, 2008, at the manor. Born Dec. 24, 1916, in Soap Hollow, daughter of Ephraim and Katie (Berkey) Thomas. Preceded in death by parents and sisters, Margaret Miller and Mary Layton. Survived by brother, Paul E., married the the former Ruth Sarvis, Johnstown; these nieces and nephew, Ruth Peer, Ohio; Laura Erb, Kansas; Alan Thomas, Johnstown; and Jenny Kauffman, Langhorne; and several great-nieces and -nephews. She was a life member of Stahl Mennonite Church and retired from the former Raymond Hospital. Family receiving friends Sunday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the George E. Mason Funeral Home Inc., Davidsville, where funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Monday, Pastor Thomas Croyle officiating. Interment, Stahl Mennonite Cemetery.
- District 6 places Bishop McCort on probation, investigates transfer of student-athlete; Principal: 'No rules have been broken'
- Mike Tedesco | Downtown Johnstown about to take off
- One dead in fire at Connor Towers in Johnstown
- 'Find more tenants': Creditor continuing Galleria operation, some stores extend leases
- Man killed when truck crashes into Adams Township home; driver transported to hospital
- Detective: Money, sunglasses, firearm taken from unlocked vehicles in Westmont
- Stramanak persevered through 6 knee surgeries on way to Cambria County Sports Hall of Fame
- Northern Cambria set foundation for two-sport standout Myers' hall of fame career
- Johnstown Halloween parade will return this year
- Witnesses describe bloody scene of Geistown beating death at trial