SMITH – Robert W., 86, Durham, N.C., formerly of Hollsopple, died Oct. 5, 2008, at Durham Regional Hospital. Born Sept. 18, 1922, in Latrobe, son of the late William “Sandy” and Minnie (Nair) Smith. Proceeded in death by brothers and sisters, Jean Lakin, Isabelle, Raymond, Kenneth, Betty, Thelma and Florence Smith. Survived by wife of 58 years, Gloria Jean (Ulle) Smith; sons: Keith, and wife, Sandra, Mobile, Ala.; Frank J., and wife, Vicki Durham, N.C.; William “Bill,” and wife, Julie, Raleigh, N.C.; and daughter, Sharon, Long Beach, Calif.; grandchildren, Richard F. Smith and Sheri and Brittany Madey; great-grandchildren, Tyson Peck and Savannah Keith; brother, Thomas Smith, and wife, Jean (Baker), Somerset; and sister, Mona Health, Johnstown. Retired from Conemaugh Township High School and a 50-year member of the Bethel United Methodist Church, Hollsopple. A private service was held with the immediate family. Internment, Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Johnstown.
- Eye doctor gets $500K grant to fix up old Szechuan building; renovation plans include apartments, restaurant, podcast studio
- 'What better place to shoot in?': Horror film shot in Cambria-Somerset region set to be released
- Experts answer your COVID-19 questions: 'If I am in quarantine because of an employee who tested positive, can I still go get my second shot?'
- Police: Four girls set fire at Ferndale house because they were 'bored,' posted video on Snapchat
- WATCH VIDEO | 'A tough gig': Johnstown native logs high-profile ring time with All Elite Wrestling
- Man accused of killing woman over refrigerator sale dispute heads to court
- Seven Springs skier goes through fence into crowd; 2 hurt
- 2-week deer season approved, rifles banned from turkey hunts
- Two in custody after East Conemaugh chase
- Investigation: Woman killed after agreeing to meet about online purchase