ROBERTSON – Nancy J., 83, of Laurelview at Davidsville, formerly of Robinson, died Friday, Oct. 17, 2008, at Memorial Medical Center. She was born Aug. 31, 1925, in Derry, a daughter of the late Michael Mowry and Nellie Sharretts Mowry Livengood. Prior to her retirement in 1971, she had been employed by the Bolivar post office for over 13 years. She attended the Fort Palmer Presbyterian Church and was a member of the Bolivar American Legion Ladies Auxiliary. She was a volunteer at the Bethlen Home in Ligonier for over 25 years. For Nancy, the love of God was first and foremost in her life. From His rich love flowed her desire to put others and their care before her own. She loved to learn about the Bible, quilting, travels and other people. Her grandchildren and great-grandchildren brought to her tremendous joy. In addition to her parents, she also was preceded in death by her brother, John Mowry. She is survived by her loving husband of 39 years, G. Craig Robertson; a daughter, Dawn Allshouse (and her husband, William) of Johnstown; two sons, Michael Henderson (and his wife, Donna) of Houston, Texas, and Edwin Henderson (and his wife, Katherine) of Gaithersburg, Md.; seven grandchildren, Michelle, Shawn, Casey, Scott, John Michael, Mark and Erin; and three stepgrandchildren, Ben, Conner and Thomas. Friends will be received from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday and from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. Monday at the J. Paul McCracken Funeral Chapel and Crematory Inc., 536 Market St., Bolivar. Burial will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday in the Germany Lutheran Cemetery, followed by a celebration of her life at 1 p.m. at Laurelview in Davidsville with the Pastors Jim Tomb and Wes Yoder co-officiating. In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial contributions in Nancy’s memory to the Laurelview Caring Fund, 2000 Cambridge Drive, Davidsville, Pa. 15928.
- Summerhill woman charged with homicide by vehicle in crash that killed man inside home
- Carlton Haselrig's widow seeks 'justice,' support through NFL's race-norming settlement
- Coroner: Loretto-area farmer hauling soybeans dies in Indiana County rollover crash
- Philadelphia men dealing drugs from Johnstown hotel, police say.
- Johnstown man, Tyrone woman die in head-on wreck on Route 56
- Clarence Page | Dave Chappelle’s pushback against cancel culture chills the joke
- Cambria County Sports Hall of Fame spotlights six new members
- Lancaster mall evacuated after gunfire
- Wolf: Somerset company gets $21K to train apprentice machinists
- Family displaced after early-morning fire in Conemaugh Township