HRIVNAK – Mark Sr., 49, Johnstown, died Oct. 1, 2007, at home. Born April 22, 1958, in Johnstown, son of Martin Jr. and Ann (Suschak) Hrivnak. Preceded in death by parents and brother, Timothy Hrivnak. Survived by wife, the former Karen Gaunt, and these children, Amanda Hrivnak; Mark Jr., married to former Heather Walkowsky; James, and fiancee, Nicole Coyle; Jennifer Hrivnak; and Tyler Hrivnak, all of Johnstown; grandchildren, Bryce and Aedan Hrivnak and Cheyenne Strenski. Brother of Martin Hrivnak III, married to Nancy Holthaus, Harrisburg; James Hrivnak, married to the former Suzette Johnston, Florida; and John Hrivnak, Johnstown. A member of Local 910, Construction Laborers Union and St. John the Baptist Ukrainian Catholic Church. Friends received from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Francis G. Ozog Funeral Home Inc., Broad Street, where funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, the Rev. Andrew Krasulski. Committal, St. Vladimir’s Cemetery.
- Experts answer your COVID-19 questions: 'When can we expect the administration of the vaccine into the arms of people 75 and older who are not in nursing homes?'
- 'I couldn't hold his hand': Johnstown fireman survived flood, burning building – but not COVID-19
- Two local business owners join to open restaurant
- Windber Borough awarded $1 million to upgrade historic dance hall
- 7 local wrestlers claim Mid-Winter Mayhem championships
- Cambria sheriff's office: 13 arrested in warrant sweep
- First responders push to sell remaining tickets
- Johnstown fireman survived flood, burning building – but not COVID-19
- Westmont Hilltop’s Roman Jr. longest-tenured area boys coach
- Creator Square deal: ‘Maker’ project in Johnstown follows successful Pittsburgh model