MILLER – Lois Joan, 79, Emeigh, died Oct. 7, 2008, at Conemaugh Hospital, main campus. Born Jan. 30, 1929, in Emeigh, daughter of Sidney and Edith (Johns) Payne. Preceded in death by parents; husband, Frank J. Miller, who died Feb. 27, 2003; son, David Frank Miller; and sisters, Isabel Ashcraft, Betty Boston and Lillian Urhin. Survived by these children: Daniel J. (Helen) Miller, Northern Cambria; James M. (Barbara) Miller, Fredericksburg, Va.; and Carrie J. (John) Miller-Kolenko, Burnside; also four grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. Sister of Franklin Payne, Cherry Tree, and Larry Payne, Emeigh. At the request of the deceased, there will be no public viewing or visitation. Memorial service will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 10, 2008, at Emeigh United Methodist Church, Pastor David White officiating, or you may attend a service on Saturday, Oct. 11, 2008, at Pleasant Hill Church of God, Cherry Tree R.D., Brother Joe Luzier officiating. Moriconi Funeral Home Inc., Northern Cambria, is assisting the Miller family.
- Eye doctor gets $500K grant to fix up old Szechuan building; renovation plans include apartments, restaurant, podcast studio
- 'What better place to shoot in?': Horror film shot in Cambria-Somerset region set to be released
- Police: Four girls set fire at Ferndale house because they were 'bored,' posted video on Snapchat
- Experts answer your COVID-19 questions: 'I had the monoclonal antibody treatment and I can get a vaccine shot 80 days later. They say to wait 90 days. Any harm with me going for the shot at 80 days?'
- WATCH VIDEO | 'A tough gig': Johnstown native logs high-profile ring time with All Elite Wrestling
- Man accused of killing woman over refrigerator sale dispute heads to court
- Seven Springs skier goes through fence into crowd; 2 hurt
- 2-week deer season approved, rifles banned from turkey hunts
- Two in custody after East Conemaugh chase
- Ribbon cutting celebrates successful start at 814 Lanes & Games