ADAMS – Ethel, 83, Hastings, died June 5, 2008, at Haida Manor, after a courageous battle with cancer surrounded by family. Born July 10, 1924, in Elder Township, daughter of late Leo S. and Mary E. (Cunningham) Thomas. Preceded in death by husband, Ralph J., whom she married in 1945; sister, Agatha Ott; sisters-in-law, Geraldine Thomas and Louise Merriman; and godchild, Theresa (Angert) Kline. Survived by children, Judith, and husband, Thomas A. Urbain, Ebensburg; Patricia, and husband, Regis P. Walters, Clarion; and Joseph, Hastings; grandchildren, Thomas B. Urbain, and wife, Maria; Jacqueline Hajjar, and husband, Michael; Adam Walters, and wife, Luann; Andrew Walters; and Maria Stitt, and husband, Mitch; and great-grandchildren, Ashley and Reagan Hajjar, Brandon and Orianna Walters, Jordan and Marley Walters, Alex and Anna Stitt and Thomas C. Urbain. Sister of Bernice, wife of Robert Albright, Patton; Rosemary, wife of Edward Cihan, Johnstown; Marge, wife of Fritz Strittmatter, Hastings; and Donald, and wife, Karen, Ohio. Past member of St. Bernard Rosary Confraternity. Member of Friends of the Library and served as past president. Employed at Top Shop for 15 years and in Tupperware sales for five years. She enjoyed EWTN, cards and Atlantic City. Friends received from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Sunday at Easly Funeral Home, Hastings. Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Monday at St. Bernard Catholic Church, Hastings. Interment, St. Boniface Cemetery. Please make donations to St. Bernard Church or American Cancer Society.
- Summerhill woman charged with homicide by vehicle in crash that killed man inside home
- Coroner: Loretto-area farmer hauling soybeans dies in Indiana County rollover crash
- Philadelphia men dealing drugs from Johnstown hotel, police say.
- Johnstown man, Tyrone woman die in head-on wreck on Route 56
- Clarence Page | Dave Chappelle’s pushback against cancel culture chills the joke
- Carlton Haselrig's widow seeks 'justice,' support through NFL's race-norming settlement
- Cambria County Sports Hall of Fame spotlights six new members
- Lancaster mall evacuated after gunfire
- Wolf: Somerset company gets $21K to train apprentice machinists
- Family displaced after early-morning fire in Conemaugh Township