GERGELY – Doris Jean (Trexler), 69, Ebensburg, died Oct. 12, 2008, after a courageous battle with cancer. Born Sept. 25, 1939, in Spangler, daughter of Clyde and Lydia (Reed) Trexler. Preceded in death by parents; husband, Joseph D., on Feb. 24, 1995, after 35 years of marriage. Survived by twin sons, Eric, and wife, Heather (Shall), and children, Paige and Eric Joseph, and Sean, and wife, Kristen (Stumph), and children, Allyson, Joey and Madyson. Sister of Donna Winner, Ohio, and Lottie Trexler, Ebensburg; and numerous nieces and nephews. Also survived by longtime friend and companion, Paul Wyland, Ebensburg. Retired from American General Life Insurance Co. with 15 years’ service and worked for Sedloff Publications, Ebensburg. Doris loved to dance and spend time with her five grandchildren. The family would like to thank the doctors and nurses at Select Specialty Hospital and everyone with medical hospice for taking special care of Doris. Friends received from 2 to 4 and 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Matevish and Matevish Funeral Home, Ebensburg, where vigil wake services will be held Tuesday evening. Funeral Mass at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Holy Name Catholic Church, Ebensburg, the Rev. Msgr. Arnold Gaus.
- One dead in fire at Connor Towers in Johnstown
- Mike Tedesco | Downtown Johnstown about to take off
- Detective: Money, sunglasses, firearm taken from unlocked vehicles in Westmont
- Stramanak persevered through 6 knee surgeries on way to Cambria County Sports Hall of Fame
- Northern Cambria set foundation for two-sport standout Myers' hall of fame career
- Johnstown Halloween parade will return this year
- District 6 places Bishop McCort on probation, investigates transfer of student-athlete; Principal: 'No rules have been broken'
- Jury: Hoffman guilty of first-degree murder in Geistown beating death
- Witnesses describe bloody scene of Geistown beating death at trial
- Man killed when truck crashes into Adams Township home; driver transported to hospital