NARDECCHIA – Albert B., 78, Johnstown, died Oct. 24, 2008, at Memorial Medical Center. Born Sept. 24, 1930, in Johnstown, son of the late Carmen and Sarafina (Palmeri) Nardecchia. He also was preceded in death by his son, Larry, and a brother, Louis. He is survived by his loving wife, the former Virginia Volk; sons, Ray, and companion, Linda Kordell, and Wayne; and daughter, Gina, married to Pete Miljenovich, all of Johnstown; grandchildren, Wayne Jr., Eric, Adam, Kasey and Abbey; great-granddaughter, Shayna; also sisters, Lena, married to Louis Cigich, Johnstown, and Natalie Nardecchia, York; and former daughter-in-law, Vicki. Albert was a Korean War Navy veteran, then working as a fireman with Johnstown for 30 years, having retired as a captain. He also was the original proprietor of Arctic Al’s. He was always on the move, and loved spending time with his family, especially his grandchildren. Friends will be received from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. Monday at Picking-Treece-Bennett Mortuary Inc., West Hills, 921 Menoher Blvd., where service will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday, the Rev. Michael Van Dyke officiating. Interment, Grandview Cemetery.
- WATCH VIDEO | 'A tough gig': Johnstown native logs high-profile ring time with All Elite Wrestling
- Man accused of killing woman over refrigerator sale dispute heads to court
- U.S. Marshals Service: Case of mistaken identity when officers tased teen near Galleria; mother 'furious'
- Movie filmed locally sells out at Westwood Plaza Theater
- Ribbon cutting celebrates successful start at 814 Lanes & Games
- Experts answer your COVID-19 questions: 'I have had COVID and also received my two-dose vaccine. When can I watch my granddaughter again?'
- Meth bust worth $65K made in downtown Johnstown
- In The Spotlight | 'Feel beautiful and empowered': Johnstown model staying active in the industry, pushing age barriers
- 'Key to the future': Conemaugh breaks ground on new building at Memorial hospital
- Ebensburg native and certified trainer writes book to help people with concerns about getting in shape