A letter to the editor by Neshannock Township resident Dorothy Hannon described the lift she received from the young stranger who had given her an impromptu hug as Hannon stood quietly by her husband’s grave in Madonna Cemetery. Hannon’s letter, in turn, made the girl she knew only as “Whitney” feel pretty special when her mother learned it was in the newspaper.
As featured on
- WATCH VIDEO: Suspect arrested in Geistown Borough homicide; victim identified
- Experts answer your COVID-19 questions: 'Are people who haven't been vaccinated by have had COVID carriers?'
- Eye doctor gets $500K grant to fix up old Szechuan building; renovation plans include apartments, restaurant, podcast studio
- Investigation: Woman killed after agreeing to meet about online purchase
- 'What better place to shoot in?': Horror film shot in Cambria-Somerset region set to be released
- Police: Four girls set fire at Ferndale house because they were 'bored,' posted video on Snapchat
- Seven Springs skier goes through fence into crowd; 2 hurt
- 'This is a witch hunt': Cambria County sheriff candidate plans to challenge civil suit
- Somerset County officials confirm death of Sheriff Brad Cramer at age 67
- School leaders see challenges and benefits during pandemic response